Sunday 13 March 2011

You are my nightlight...........

What is going on with blogger today? This morning, I finished off my Sunday Sketch and Stamp post and although I'd clearly asked for it to publish at 10.00am, it was posted straight away - at about 8.30am, even though it said 'posted at 10am' at the bottom!!?? Whereas this post, which I'd also scheduled, I've just had a look at and it's not been posted at all!?!? Is anyone else having any problems? Anyway, enough moaning, let's get on with it!!
Today there's a new challenge over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp and I'm very excited cos it's my sketch this week!! I love seeing how people interpret a sketch that I've come up with. Here's my version:
I've used (another!) one of those fabulous Simply Sassy girls (sorry, I know you're probably gonna start getting sick of them, I just love them so!!!!!), which I've watercoloured with distress inks. I've also used an inkadinkado sentiment stamp, which when I saw, thought would be perfect with this image. I've stamped all round the edges with a Tim Holtz stamp and then distressed all the edges with vintage photo distress ink. The papers are Basic Grey Capella. I've made the brown flowers using cream prima e-line flowers, which I coloured with VP DI and then put together using this youtube video, the cream ones are from Wild Orchid Crafts (Asters), I then sprayed them all with Ranger Perfect Pearl Mist. And I've added pearls from my stash.
I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp 'Anything Goes' challenge and Little Miss Muffet's challenge #4, which is to use Designer Papers.
I really hope you like my card, please do leave me a comment and let me know what you think, I appreciate each and every one!! And do hop over and check out what the rest of the talented DT girlies have done with my sketch. Most importantly, please join in with the challenge yourselves, so that I can see what you do with it!! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, I'm off to take the dog for a walk across the heath! TTFN lovelies......x

10 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie love this card its gorgeous the colours are lush I really do love these. Fabulous layout as well hun & Sassy girl is coloured beautifully. I have had this image coloured up now for 6 weeks & still not made a card up with her I will need a good sharp kick.
    As for blogger he is a miserable bugga at times hun my scheduled post didnt post yesterday morning for CES I was not a happy bunny....I would love to sack him lol.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, I scheduled my SS&S post last night and it posted at 10.00 as asked, so not sure whats going on with you hun LOL. This is a gorgeous card - love the image and colour tones. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks so lovely, Marie. Love its vintage style so much. Gorgeous creation you made.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie,
    Your card really caught my eye over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp, it's absolutely fab and the sentiment is perfect!! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just gorgeous dear and so love those flowers you have made. Thanks for the correction on my blog. It doesn't pay to type your post up when you are in a hurry lol Thanks dear. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card marie.i love my sassys too.i really love your gorgoeus coffee and cream colours and how you have stamped around the edges.your flowers are stunning :D
    mr blogger has not posted my dt card for the last 6 weeks, naughty blogger :S

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Maire! WOW! I love your card to bits! These Simply Sassy images are too cute and I love your vintage take on this card and the sentiment is perfect!!! Stunning! Thanks so much for joining us t Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!! I love all the brown tones and you have coloured the image beautifully.
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your sepia tones:)!!...it's one of my favorite effects:)...what a nicely embellished card!i love all your flowers and swirlies:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dropping by and making my rounds at all the wonderful creations! Thanks for playing along in "Designer Paper" challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...