Tuesday 1 March 2011

Rock Star

Yay, Happy March!! I'm only excited cos it means that surely we're distancing ourselves from this freezing cold weather as the days go by (although it certainly didn't seem like it when I was out walking the dog!!) Today, the new monthly challenge at the Cupcake Craftroom kicks off and this time around, to celebrate the release of the 'Little Black Box' papers - which is also up for grabs as the prize - the theme is 'Monochromatic'. Here's my card:
I've used one of the LBB papers, of course and The Stamping Boutique's 'Max', who I've coloured with promarkers and a sakura stardust pen. I've matted the image on some black card and I've also added a star border cut out using a MFT die. Lastly, I've used my Slice to cut out the 'Rock' lettering in black card and silver mirri circles to mount the letters onto and two stars out of black card and mirri. It does look better IRL - in this picture you can't see the shine of the silver card or the sparkle from the stardust pen, but hey-ho!!
I'm also entering my card into the following challenges:
 And that's about it. D'you know it's funny, I enter all these challenges and I NEVER win. I think I must be the most unluckiest person ever - either that or my cards are just crap!!??
Back shortly - I've got another card to post. Mwah xx

17 comments:

  1. PMSL - you're cards are not crap Marie, they are really good. If its any consolation, I never win anything either and I enter just as many challenges as you! LOL. Back to the card, I love this and the monochromatic look is fab and suits the image so well. Hugs, Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart your cards are NOT crap! just a little unlucky! Anyway, another gorgeous creation hun, fab monochrome look and I love the lettering too :o)

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx for playing with Scrap it with a Song. Nice nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card marie.love the rocking image and great colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you must just be unlucky! This is a great male card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie, what a gorgeous card. I love your 'extra' colour and choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Marie, lovely card Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool card! thanks for joinig us at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is fabulous!!!! Love your coloring. I know for our challenges it's totally random, so maybe randy is just not being good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, forgot to mention Paper Playtime! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute- thanks for playing at Scrap it With a Song- love the colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are far from crap!! Thanks for playing along with us at scrap it with a song! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute!!! thanks for playing with us at SIWAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute!!!!!
    Thanks for participating at SIWAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG... I read all thru this til the part when you said your cards are just crap and almost peed myself! You're so funny! That is certainly not the case... did you do something to Mr. Random to make him mad at you? That's the only explanation I can think of, because your cards are DEFINITELY NOT crap!
    {{still laughing}}
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my faves, I love the black color pallet! Your cards are not crap either, I normally don't win either and finally just did! It will happen just keep entering, remember most of them are luck of draw by random.org.

    Hugs,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very neat! I love all the stars!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...