Monday 10 January 2011

A very special post - Help for Katie!!!!

Evening All,
I told you earlier that I would be back tonight with something special and although this might not be what you were expecting, here it is.....
I'm not sure who's heard about this already and I don't know how many of you know or have heard of Katie but on a personal level, as someone who is currently suffering from thyroid cancer, as soon as I heard what was being planned, I wanted to do whatever I could to help - however small. Especially because I know that I'm one of the lucky ones, I can live with my cancer. I also live in the UK where we have an NHS and we don't have to worry about health insurance. I'm sure each and every one of you will have been touched by cancer in some way or another and I hope that you'll want to help too.
A number of artists and companies that know and love Katie (known for her Tuesday Tutorials on the Clear Dollar Stamps Blog) have banded together to help Katie and her family in this season of need. Jak Heath is a crafting friend to Katie and has organised this special digi benefit to help raise money for Katie's Treatment and to give her lovely boys a treat too. 
A little about Katie: Katie Emmerson Renz married to Kevin with 3 beautiful boys, the twins Nate & Will, aged 5, and Hunter aged 10, had some news just before Christmas that has rocked their world as they know it. Katie has been diagnosed with stage 4 Stomach Cancer and is currently undergoing her only option which is Chemotherapy.
Katie is a fellow crafter and is loved within the crafting community. You can read Katie's story on her own blog hereLots of dedicated, talented artists have designed for the Help for Katie cause. Here is a scaled down picture of all of the digital designs that you will get for donating £15. And believe me, all of the digi's you'll receive will be worth far more in goods value than your £15 donation (appoximately $23 USD). It's actually unbelievably good value and got to be seen to be believed!! Visit Jak Heath's blog to purchase this set. You will receive all of the following stamps for your donation...
Here's a card that I made with one of the images that has been donated by Wendy of Digital Delights:

Jak Heath will also have some prizes. Every time a donation is made you will be entered into a draw for the prizes if you donate twice you will get 2 chances to win one of the prizes. The draw will be made on 10th February.
Thanks for reading my post and I hope that you'll help Katie and her family. Enjoy the rest of your evening. Good night folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...