Monday 10 January 2011

The Stamping Boutique DT Card

Morning peeps!! And how are you all on this fresh new day at the start of a brand new week? Hope you're feeling invigorated after the weekend!! Today, The Stamping Boutique are sponsoring Kaboodle Doodle challenge blog's 'Do It with Digis' challenge. And here's my card, using one of TSB's fabby new images 'Cupcake Bakery', which if you hurry, is still massively reduced in the New Year sale!!



I used a gatefold card blank and coloured the image using promarkers, I also added glossy accents where the windows would be in the shop but I'm not sure you can see that in the photographs. The papers are from Papermania's new 'Little Cake Shoppe' release and I used my Marianne Design die to cut the 'doily' circles, I also added pearl dots using my Viva Decor pearly pen.
Now, I must admit, this image takes some time to colour but, I hope you'll agree it's worth it in the end! I had planned to enter this card into Tuesday Morning Sketches and followed their sketch, but I didn't realise that the challenge closed on a Sunday night, so I missed that one! Anyway, I am entering my card into the following:

Right, that's all from me for now. I'll be back later on this afternoon though with something very special, so please pop back!!! TTFN......

14 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous shug I luuuurrrrvvve the shop & the cakes.....actually so much I've just stuffed my face on scottish shortbread lol, well I had no cup cakes in!! So instead I sat here & ate while looking at your card & I have to say that it may of took you ages to colour it all but its def DEF worth it cus it all looks awesome. I love the gatefold. I am intrigued to what you have planned later so I will be back......soonies!!!
    Hope you had a good weekend hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really perfect image for your gatefold, love the card! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty Marie!! Love the unusual use of the gatefold card :D Thank you for joining us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and super sweet card! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie, what a fab image this is and so different too - I love this card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, soft card!!
    Thanks for sponsering, and thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles!!
    Good Luck!!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and image Marie.

    It looks quite involved to colour in but I think that's part of the fun!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic card marie.i love the image, so much detail and gorgeous colours and layout :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great gatefold card! Love the colors! Makes you want to go shop there right away!
    Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
    marianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! love the d/p and the image.
    Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week, hope to see you next time.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh wow fab card, thanks for joining our challenge this week at craftycaz x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card and thanks for joining us at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love all the pink and the fab little shop scene. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...