Sunday 31 July 2011

Summer Holiday = Crafting Blues

Holy Moly, I didn't realise that Sam being on his summer holiday was going to impact on my crafting quite so much LOL!!! It's hard to get started what with being 'summoned' every five minutes and then cos it's the hols, I'm quite relaxed about bed time, so I don't seem to be getting started til 11pm - and now my insomnia has reverted to narcolepsy, I'm nodding off before I get the chance to get started. Are any other mothers out there feelin' the pain?!?
Anyway, enough of the moaning! The current challenge over at Shopping Our Stash is Buttons, Blooms and Bananas (or any kinda fruit really, as you'll be able to tell from my card!) - and you've still got a couple of days to enter. Here's my card:

Ingredients:
Image - Magnolia coloured with prismacolour pencils blended with sansodor.
Papers - Magnolia.
Sentiment stamp - Magnolia.
Cardstock - Papermania (red).
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts.
Buttons - QVC.
Ribbon - from stash.

I'm also going to enter this card into the following challenges:

OK my lovelies, that's it from me for now. I promise I'll be round later to catch up with you all. It was my Dad's birthday yesterday, and we're off out for Sunday lunch so I'd better go and get ready. TTFN.........x

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I actually miss those days of my kids "needing" me during summer vacation! They are teenagers now and would sleep the day away if I let them (which I sometimes do... LOL). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantasic card, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the little details. And for some reason, yes, summer has been a little hard for me too with all the "mommy moments."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Marie - lovely sweet image and great papers. Hope you enjoyed lunch with your Dad. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Marie. Love the pretty colours & details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is gorgeous marie.really pretty papers and colours and the tilda is so sweet :D
    yes i`ve been relaxed on bedtime too, hes normally in his room watching tv in bed but keeps coming downstairs every 10 mins for a drink,or food or just to see what i`m doing, ah the joy :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a wonderful heart felt comment. I truly appreciate it.

    I absolutely love this card. I have this stamp and have yet to use it! The papers, flowers, ribbon and buttons match beautifully! Fabulous sweetie!

    My daughter is all grown now with little ones of her own so I no longer feel your summer time pain. LOL Good luch with sneaking in your crafting time.

    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow sweetie...this is so gorgeous hun..! Love the image and pretty tilda..and the papers are just perfect Marie..

    Biggest of hugs...Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,lovely papers and colours and Tilda looks adorable....Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work sweetie ♥ Pops ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute Marie, love the bright cheery papers and adorable image :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Marie, those strawberry papers are gorgeous :o)

    I absolutely feel your pain with the school hol thing... everything takes 3 times as long and is 10 times as stressful! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...