Tuesday 19 July 2011

And now for something COMPLETELY different.....

Afternoon blog friends! How's things in your part of the world? The weather's not up to much in London - and we're meant to be going on a school trip to the seaside on Thursday, so I hope it brightens up a bit before then....otherwise I'll be huddled up under a blanket on the beach LOL!! But back to 'business'! There's a new challenge starting today over at Shopping Our Stash and this week the theme is 'Technique Turnback' - now if you have any supplies gathering dust for a technique that you've not used in a while (if ever!), then this the challenge for you!! I've actually really enjoyed this week's challenge because not only did I get to use something I bought and then had never used (the Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Technique Kit from QVC...does anyone remember the TSV a few months back?!?!) but I've also seen lots of inspiring techniques on my fellow DT member's cards, some of which I've never seen before. Here's my card:
Ingredients:
Background: made using alcohol inks on glossy card.
Images: All Tim Holtz.
Other: Black card and Gold mirri card (for matting) from stash.

So - what d'you think? I told you this was something completely different for me!! But I did enjoy having a 'play' and I was pretty pleased with the results. One word of advice if any of you decide to try this technique - when you stamp onto the background, it's quite slippery and the stamps tend to 'slide', so just bear this in mind and use a cautious hand!!
I'm also entering this card in over at The Stamp Man Challenge #27 - Anything by Tim! and the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.
Arrrgghhh, just got interrupted by a phone call. My fridge freezer went kaput at the end of last week, which is never good as I ended up losing half of my frozen food being as it'd started defrosting by the time I'd realised and I didn't want to risk anyone getting food poisoning! Anyway, I've ordered a new one, but before I did, I rang the company and they told me it would be delivered either today or tomorrow, so I went ahead and placed the order. It hasn't arrived today so I rang them to check it was arriving tomorrow and that was the phone call, them ringing me back, only to say that it can't be delivered tomorrow, it'll arrive on Thursday. So I said, I'm going to the seaside, so he said Friday and I told him I was going out and then he had the cheek to ask me to 'work with him', I said 'I was working with you when I arranged to sit in all day today and  tomorrow for a fridge that won't be arriving', so now maybe I won't be going to the seaside......watch this space (oh and avoid 'advanced-av' like the plague!!!!) Rant over and out........................xxx

21 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Marie...and isn't it so lovely to try something slightly different for a change..??!!

    And what a cheek...I would of stuffed the freezer where the sun don't shine...lol..grrrr

    Hope it arrives soon...and if you were going to southend today...it was beautiful and so warm...but sadly I was at work :o(

    Hope you get to the seaside sweetie...and the freezer turns up soon....big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is very different for you hun, but I love it and isn't it great when you are able to experiment and have a play!? Forget the FF - go to the seaside, you will love it - I am sure he can work with you and deliver it when you want it - so annoys me when you have to stay in all day and they fail to deliver - I would have cancelled and purchased elsewhere! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marie, this is so beautiful the silhouettes look amazing on your gorgeous background! Fingers crossed the weather stays dry for Thursday :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is just fabulous sweetie!! Big hugs love Pops x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I love the vivid purple colouring. Fabulous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Marie, it's beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Marie this is fabulous, I love the colours you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and helping us reach our *magical 1000 entries* :)
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Marie, I've got the whole set and never have used them. Thanks for the inspiration with such a gorgeous and amazing project. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful card Marie! Love the colours!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is fantastic marie.love the vibrancy of the inks and great arty stamps.
    grrrrrrrrr to mr freezer man, like vixx i would of told him where to shove it.he needs to remember that you are the customer and can easily take you business somewhere else :D

    xx coops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sentiment and the brightness of this card.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is different Marie. Love it and the vibrant colours you have used. Great stamping too.

    What a pity about your fridge freezer and what a cheek to expect you to give up more valuable time waiting around! There are plenty of other places that sell white goods - tell him that. With his attitude he won't be long in business.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors and the black images are so well placed for perfect balance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors and SO vivid! I too played around with those inks but have never actually created anything! LOL!

    Hope your fridge finally arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's nice to play around with different things - I think your background is beautiful! So vibrant :o)

    Grr to the silly fridge freezer man... I hate waiting in for things that don't turn up, makes me sooo mad! Go to the seaside and enjoy yourself. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card Marie! That background is so pretty in those colors, it's almost mystical!!!
    Sorry about your fridge, why can't they just do what they say they will do when they say they'll do it!! I hear ya!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, the weather is just awful in London, isn't it?! And in East Sussex where I commute home to! Perhaps sun on Sunday - fingers crossed!

    This is gorgeous Marie - I think you have such an original style!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful LOVE the fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The weather is rubbish up here in Yorkshire too. Hope we get a bit of Summer soon!!
    I love your project, it is very Tim-esque. Those ink colours are yummy. I saw the TSV but already had some inks so had to resist although I loved the stamps.
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Stampman this time.
    Hugs Lisax
    P.S Hope your Fridge-Freezer turned up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Marie,
    Thanks for your lovely comment :o)
    Here is where I got the papers http://www.creashop-duymelot.nl
    they deliver quickly it only took 5 days from the netherlands, I bought another pack of papers too, I've finished stroking them now (I think) so I shall be making a card tomorrow with those. hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marie, this is just lovely. I can't believe you haven't played with these inks before! You did an amaaaaaazing job. The colors are fabulous and the stamps are perfect with it. (Even if they *were* part of a kit. hahha!) Hope you'll play with them more often. Alcohol inks are so versatile. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...