Friday 22 July 2011

Gone Fishing!

Evening Everyone! How are you? Have you had a good week? My son broke up for his Summer holidays today, so I've got to find a way to entertain him for a whole 6 weeks!! Any ideas gratefully received, LOL!
Now, here's a card I made a wee while ago but hadn't shared it with you until now:
Ingredients:
Image - Digistamp Boutique coloured with promarkers.
Papers - Smirk.
Blue and Orange card - Bazzill Basics.

To make this card, I covered the most part of a card blank with blue card and then butchered a piece of paper from the 'smirk' range and used it to kinda 'piece' my card together - I don't know if you can see from the photo but there is some dimension to it IRL. So - what d'you think?

I'm also entering it into the following challenges:

For those of you interested in the fridge/freezer saga (?!?) - it was finally delivered yesterday but only after I cried!!! When the delivery men turned up with it, I popped my head out the door and said 'up here on the first floor' - only to be told that they only deliver to the ground floor!! Now I'd told the company before ordering that I was on the first floor and he'd said 'not a problem!' So - the delivery man rang his boss and put him on the phone to me and I told him what had been said but apparently it's a different company that you order from to who delivers, so he said he could either deliver it to the ground floor or they'd take it back....now at this point, I was saying that I live on my own with a 10 year old, I'm recovering from cancer, I've not had a fridge/freezer for a week and then it all got too much and I burst into tears (what a wuss!!), so I handed the phone back to the delivery man and ran back indoors. Well, the long and short of it being that he obviously felt sorry for me cos he came up not long after and said that 'on this occasion, they'd bring it up'!! And so, I've now got a lovely pristine Bosch fridge freezer in my kitchen doing a wonderful job of keeping my food and drinks nice and cold!!
Before I go - have you seen the new release of Simply Sassy images?!? OMG - THE best ones yet, absolutely gorgeous!! I've ordered them already (v naughty!)......and have you seen the new pens from Crafters Companion? Spectrum Noir?!? What d'you think? I was hoping I might do better with these than I do with promarkers.......
Anyways, I'm off to craft before it gets too late. We're going to a summer party tomorrow at my aunt's sheltered accomodation, so that should be fun, eh!? Let's hope we get some sun! TTFN...............xx

13 comments:

  1. It's another great card Marie, fishing is fine (I did fishing too lol) Thanks for joining us at HCTB's sporty challenge.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a gorgeous card Marie! Looks amazing!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fab sport I used to go with my dad to comps! And a fab card! Thanks fornsharingvat HCTBs Xxx Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, you reminded me about the new Sassy stamps... have now been and ordered them... so I can officially blame you lol! Glad you got the fridge sorted in the end, what a palaver though!

    Love your card :o) Fab image and love the design, looks great! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card hun. Glad you finally have your f/f in place after all the hassle you've had too! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card marie.love the fab fun image and your backing papers and design are stunning ;D
    so pleased you finally got your fridge hun but shame on them for upsetting you, hope you are ok now hun.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you hun....but I'm so pleased they finally delivered your freezer...and what about everyone else who live on the first floor???...stupid company grrrr....

    Another gorgeous make sweetie...super colouring and great layout...and I so love the sentiment too :o)

    Anyway...hope you had a great evening...and I am off the first 2 weeks of august wink wink..!

    thanks for joining us at tpc....and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and terrific card! Love how you've pieced your papers to make this scene and all the fishes are just too cute! Wonderful worK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so cute, fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Marie and such a cute scene you have created...love the gone fishing sentiment! Thank goodness the delivery driver saw sense in the end and delivered your fridge freezer to the right place...jobsworth people give me the right hump lol! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, love the colours that you have used, gorgeous work as always, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marie! This is so cute :) I love your fish - great attention to detail!
    Thanks for playing at CCT this week,
    Hugs Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Marie, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've coloured the image and your papers are fab. Thanks for joining in our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...