Monday 19 July 2010

Morning All. This is my first ever DT card for Paper Cupcakes and their challenge blog, There's Magic in the Air. The challenge, set by Nilla is to use the delicious looking 'Party Cake' image and to be inspired by strawberries & cream. If you knew how long this card had taken me to put together, you wouldn't believe it! I think it's because I wanted it to turn out so well that I was putting too much pressure on myself and it just wasn't helping my 'mojo'!! (Does that ever happen to you?) I also tried to take the theme a bit too literally because I knew I had some papers with strawberries on and I just couldn't seem to work with them. When I chilled out and decided to just use a strawberries and cream colour scheme, I managed to produce this card and I was pretty happy with the end result! I really like this image, because it's so versatile, it could be a birthday cake or a wedding cake and nearly every other cake in between depending on how you decorate it!
When I was making this card, I've also discovered my new favourite thing!!! I'd bought a Viva Decor Pearl Pen and Bazzill Basics Template from Quixotic Paperie, which is what I used to do the 'pearly flourish' down the left hand side of my card and I love the effect/look of it. It's perfect to use to fill any empty looking space on your cards and I'll definitely be buying more of these pens, I think they even sell them with a glittery finish!!
So - why don't you hop on over to There's Magic in the Air and join in with the challenge, it runs from today until Sunday and there's a little prize for the winner!
Here's my card:


Ingredients: Image - Party Cake by Paper Cupcakes coloured with prismacolour pencils blended with sansodor with a bit of stickles here and there, Backing Paper - Trimcraft and Bazzill Basics, Ribbon - Hobbycraft, Border Punch and Flower Punch - Martha Stewart, Other - Viva Decor Pearl Pen and Bazzill Basics Mystical Flourish Template.

13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! You did an amazing job with this fun image!Welcome to our team... it will be fun getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty......and elegant.....beautiful job....you did excellent....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie,

    Beautiful card, so pretty and I love the pearls they are gorgeous. Welcome to the team, look forward to working with you.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, love the details, very beautiful! Welcome on-board! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Beautiful Marie and a warm WELCOME to our team! I love the peral pen, I know they make a liquid peral as well, I think gloria used it on her card, I know I will have to go get some of one of the two!! I look forward to more wonderful creations from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card Marie, really beautiful. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card Marie, stunning colour and Tilda xx (not sure if my last comment worked xx)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, love the pearls and your flowers. The punch at the bottom is perfect. Looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I've commented already on this gorgeous card but I just wanted to say I love your photo of you and the cute little chap, is he your Son? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card, the cake is fab and i love your swirl.
    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet and pretty card you created!! I love the way you decorated the cake!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card in pastels. Fab coloring!
    "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooo gorgeous Marie! So very sweet and delicate! You have wonderful MOJO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...