Sunday 15 January 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

Long time, no see (if ya know what I mean!?!) Yep, I know I'm a bit late but I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and here's to a very Happy New Year for all of us, eh!? I'm so happy to be back blogging - and with a new computer too!!
I guess I should explain my absence (although I must admit to being a bit sad not to have heard from a single one of you - 'specially those of you that I thought I could consider friends, but hey ho!) Before Christmas I was having an absolute nightmare with my computer, in the end I was avoiding using it because it seemed like it was doing nothing I wanted it to and was just stressing me out!! Luckily though cos my birthday was just before Christmas too, I was able to get a new 'puter!! Then in the week before Christmas I had to go into hospital for a week or so. I came out in time for the big day and had a lovely time over Christmas and the New Year at my mum and dad's (although they've not quite made it into the 21st century yet and don't have internet access at their house!!) I had to go back into hospital in the new year but now I'm home and ready to
get back to my blogging best!!
So - down to business! There's a new challenge starting today over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp and here's my attempt at the sketch:

Ingredients:
Image - 'My Heart' from D'arcy's Diaries coloured with Spectrum Noirs and Sakura glitter pen.
Papers - My Mind's Eye.
Crinkly Paper Ribbon (yes, that's a technical term!) - Bunny Zoe's.
Pink Card - Papermania, Kraft Card - Bazzill Basics from Dies to Die For.
Also used - Slice machine (to cut hearts, lettering and key), Buttons and Twine from stash.

Have you seen these gorge new images from D'arcy's Diaries? I saw a few previews but now the shop's open - although there are only 5 images at the moment, I can't wait to see more!! They're by the same lady who brought us Teddy Bo - and look what a huge success that's been, so I see big things for this character! And I've used my Slice quite a bit on this card! One of my 'Crafty New Year's Resolutions' to use it a bit more!! I love it, and I can cut some great shapes using the design cards I've got but for the most part it just sits there forgotten :-( I'm sure you've got equipment like that....I call it the crafter's curse LOL!! We have so much stash, we only use half (if we're lucky!) of it!!

I'm also entering my card into the following challenges:
And I think that's about it! I'll be round to visit you all this coming week - although it's gonna take me some time to get round to you all - I've got a lot of catching up to do!! Bye for now..........x

5 comments:

  1. its great to see you back hun,i have kept popping over to see if you were here.i can remember you saying you had pc probs so i`m really pleased to see you back with us.i hope you are feeling better too.
    love your card, the image is fab and really gorgeous colours and design :D
    i was thinking of you hun.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, and good to see you back to crafting.
    Really creative card. Love that cute image and the way you coloured her.
    Thanks for joining our 'spots and stripes' challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh up chuck .... good to see you back and with a new computer too - no escape from blogland now LOL. Your card is just fab hun and sorry if I hadn't been in touch, but with working FT and busy planning my wedding, time is a little short atm. Hugs, Claire x PS. 2nd blogoversary candy on my blog if you are interested x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you back and in good form. Hope you got my card. You've been on my mind a whole lot lately but things have been a bit haywire at this end too.
    Hugs and more hugs,
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card with heart touching feeling. I like fairy with heart. It is a love wishes card.

    Plastic Cards
    Membership card Printing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...