Friday 17 May 2013

Really exciting news!!!!!!

Morning! I've got some really exciting news to share with you today.....for those of you that don't know, I had to give up work in 2006 after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer - of course, every cloud has a silver lining because it was through being ill that I discovered my love of crafting!! Before giving up work, I worked for an advertising agency in central London and last week, someone I used to work with (who I've stayed in touch with), sent me an email asking how I was doing and if I would be interested in going back to work. So - I went for an informal chat and realised that despite my ongoing health problems, there was a possibility that I might be able to make it work. Then I had an interview last week with the two Directors of the company and yesterday, I was offered the job!! From next week, I'll be working at Dawson Walker Communications, who are a PR/Marketing/Advertising agency in London. Obviously I won't know until I try whether it really will work out for me, health wise but they've agreed hours to suit me - I'll be working from home, 2 days a week and from 10am to 3pm in the office, 3 days a week. I'm really excited, but a bit nervous so keep your fingers crossed for me!! My first day is on Tuesday!
Anyway, enough waffling about what's going on in my life. It's the second week of the challenge over at the Friday Sketch Challenge, so here's my reminder card:
I've used a Saturated Canary image, coloured with promarkers and spectrum noirs and I've used Docrafts Kraft Note papers. The shape in the middle and the corner, were both cut with my Slice, I used a Memory Box die to cut out the butterfly and a Marianne Design die for the flowers, then added some twine, a charm and buttons from my stash. I hope you like it - I do love the colours in these papers.
If you've made it this far, thanks so much for sharing my good news! Sending hugs............xx

2 comments:

  1. WOW Sam this is absolutely brilliant news - well done - your must be so chuffed? I really hope it works and for you and you can make it work. Take it steady and take each day at a time. I love your card too - lovely image and pretty pastel colours. Have a great day sweetie. Hugs, Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous marie.i love your stunning papers and design and really sweet image ;D
    huge congrats on your job hun :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...