Friday 13 July 2012

It's a Funny Old Life!!

Morning Peeps. I hope this post finds you all well? I think I've been round and visited most of you by now and been amazed by everyone's beautiful creations, I've still got some visits to make but I'm getting there!!
I coloured this image up a few weeks ago while I was away on holiday and I've only just made it up into a card.......
Ingredients:
Image - Kraftin' Kimmie watercoloured with DIs (I've also stamped the edge with an LOTV grunge corner stamp and then added Antique Linen DI).
Papers - First Edition Boho Chic.
Flowers - Hobbycraft.
Sentiment Sticker and Pearls - from stash.
Ribbon - I've found a stall in Bromley High Street that sells gorgeous ribbon and every week, they have a box with different 3m rolls in it, all for £1!!!

I loved these flower girl images as soon as I saw them and this one 'Rose' is my absolute favourite - I think she'll look good in lots of different colours!
I'm going to enter my card into the following challenges:
Right, that's it on the challenge front! If you're still with me, I'll explain my post title......as you know, I've had a lot going on with my family lately - very sadly, my uncle who had been having chemo and was told there was a positive outlook in his treatment for lung cancer, was taken into hospital last week because he'd developed pneumonia. While they were running tests at the hospital, they discovered that the growth of his cancer has accelerated and have told the family that there's nothing they can do for him. This disease is just so devastating to so many families and my heart goes out to everyone who is in the same position, or has been at one time or another, as mine. It's a funny old life because the other day, after spending the day at the hospital visiting my uncle, as my mum and I left to go out to the lift, we looked out the window and this was the view........
Strange how your spirits can feel so low and something appears to lift them. Do you know what I mean? (And yes, I've also discovered instagram, so may well be boring you with some more photos at a computer near you, very soon ;-)) Well, I'll leave you with that thought.......I'm off to the hospital myself soon, I've got an appointment with the dietitian and will squeeze in a visit to my aunt while I'm there and then back later to play with my new goodies (inc some of the new magnolia stamps) that arrived from Bunny Zoe's!!! Have a good day, everyone................Take care of yourselves, wherever you are xxxxx


12 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, really pretty and just love that big bow! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it at LIIU and good luck. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and what a gorgeous picture too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous marie.i love the your fab colours and design and the image is stunning :D
    so sorry to hear about your uncle hun.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Marie. Love the pretty image and the papers.
    Fab photo!! Yes, such a beautiful rainbow can brighten up a sad and dreary day.
    I'm sorry to hear the news about your Uncle...sending big hugs to you and all your family.

    Love Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie! Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your sweet comment on my card. :-) You did a beautiful job on your card. The colors are lovely and I love that big satin bow. Have a fantastic week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEautiful creation, I do like that bow. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. We hope to see you at our new challenge blog next month. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous Marie! She is so beautiful and I love the soft colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful Marie! Love that pretty image and fab papers too :o) So sorry to hear about your Uncle xx Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card looks very beautiful!!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Marie, I love that cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so sorry to read about your uncle , life can be cruel sometimes. your card is fabulous I like this image she is great well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...