Tuesday 7 September 2010

Afternoon everyone. I hope you're all having a fine Tuesday - the weather in London is pretty pants and it's back to looking like winter again! I really enjoyed making today's card and I actually tried something that I've never done before - paper piecing (can you see - I've paper pieced the cat and her skirt and cardi?) I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Now firstly, I must explain something about my card. Lots of my friends are teachers, I don't know why they all gravitated towards the same profession, they're friends that I've known since school and some went into teaching at university, whereas a couple of others did something else at uni and started work but then went back and did their PGCE and became teachers. One of my friends has been off work on Maternity Leave and now that the children have gone back after these summer holidays and started Autumn Term, she's had to go back to work. So - this card is for her and it's a bit of a play on words with Fall being the American word for Autumn IYKWIM! Whereas most of the cards are made for children in the Back to School challenges, mine's for the teacher! And for some reason, I've always thought that this Greeting Farm character looks like a teacher - do you see it too??
I'm also putting myself forward for the Basic Grey DT. I've had a bit of a run recently of being successful at securing DT positions (which btw only makes me happier and happier!!), but as most of the DTs I'm on are fortnightly, I've still got plenty of time to spare and how could I not apply to be on the Basic Grey DT??? You might recall a short while ago, I was using Basic Grey papers on every card I made and in the end I had to make a conscious decision to use another paper manufacturer!!! Basic Grey is by far my favourite and I've got pretty much every collection that they've brought out since I got started in cardmaking!! Only the other day, I ordered Pyrus (which I've used here) and Jovial, which arrived super speedily (as always!!) from Bunny Zoes - I LOVE that shop.
Anyway, I think I've waffled on enough for today - here's my card:

Ingredients: Image - The Greeting Farm coloured with promarkers, Papers - Basic Grey Pyrus, Twine and Lettering - from stash, Charm - Quixotic. Also used - Nellie Snellen die.
Hope you like today's card (and wafflings - lol!) Leave me some loveliness and fingers crossed for the DT!
TTFN,

19 comments:

  1. A wonderfull card Marie! Really like the autumn colours!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, I love everything about it... the first time you've ever paper-pieced? It turned out perfectly! The charm is just right, in fact, everything about it is "Just Right"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that character does look like a teacher. She is so cute. And the colours on your card are so subtle. I like the word play with autumn. What a thoughtful card for a teacher returning back to teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh how pretty!! I love the papers you used, thanks for playing along with the PaperWorks sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Marie, you're right it does look like a teacher and as I work in a school myself, its perfect! I love the colours you've used for the card too. Good luck with the DT, I don't know how you do it! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning Marie!, such a cute image and love the backing papers!
    Take care Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie!! What a beautiful Fall card! My DD's starting Middle School tomorrow--eeks! Anyway, just wanted to drop a note to say I'm happy to be designing with you at Scrap-Creations!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, great job with your paper peicing. Goodluck for the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card marie.fabulous image and i love the paper piecing and stunning papers :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card for back to school! I love the Fall colors you used and those papers too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stunning! Love the image and colours xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous back to school card, love the sentiment,
    great colours, cute image and wonderful paper piecing.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us and entering the Basic Grey DT call.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really great. I love the colour combo you have used.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge at CCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very nicely done, I like the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awe, it's lovely - as always, good luck for Basic Grey DT,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. haven't tried easel cards yet, ut they look like fun

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, I adore the papers you have used (haven't got these - yet !). Very pretty card.
    Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges and for entering our DT call.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet card! Love your image and paper piecing and the papers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at BG challenges and entering our DT call. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. THis is really cute - great paper piecing technique too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...