Thursday, 7 July 2011

Uh-oh we're in trouble....

....something's going on and it's burst our bubble. Are you singing along? Can you remember who sang that song? I think they were some sort of one hit wonder type outfit but it was a fun, catchy song! And completely unrelated to the card I'm posting but I had it in my head cos my son's just been brought home from his Nan and Grandad's, where he was meant to be staying tonight, but he was being naughty, so he was sent home in disgrace.
Anyway, back to the reason you're (probably!) here! If you recognise something about this card, it's cos the sketch was the LOTV challenge the week before last and I missed the d/l, but then when I saw the next challenge was 'celebrate', I thought 'that's OK, I can make that work' (hence the sentiment stamp), then yesterday I'm sitting there twiddling me thumbs thinking I still had over an hour to post my card, refreshed the page and DOH...collection closed. This week, it's a new sketch challenge, so I've well and truly missed the boat now!! I dunno, sometimes I'm such a ditz! Would you believe that in my working life I was once in charge of placing the BBC's recruitment advertising?!? Seems like eons ago now (ha, ha - worked on that account too - eon!!!) Anyway, I digress...here's me card:
Ingredients:
Image - LOTV watercoloured with distress inks.
Sentiment stamp - LOTV.
Papers - Prima.
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts and Woodware.
Other - Papermania brads, Butterflies punched with MS punch, Pearls from stash, Leafy Flourish and Butterfly MIC laser cut chipboard shapes painted with acrylic paint, MFT doily die.

I'm entering it into the following challenges:
And I think that's about it! I hope you like it, despite me being a complete doughnut, I was quite pleased with how it turned out, so please leave me some lurve!!! I'm off to try and sort out my little tearaway....wish me luck.................xx

22 comments:

  1. LOL...What are you like sweetie...you have made me laugh after a very busy day at work...hehehe... Anyway...it's lovely to see your beautiful card and your colouring is stunning too hun...

    now I cannot get that song out of my head...and good luck with your son....!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie! Well now, this is just gorgeous!!! LOVE the laser cut butterfly and flourish!!! Wowza! Very pretty papers too! Dont' ya just lurve this cute image? Super sweet!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I do stuff like that too...but this is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marie, great design and an adorable image colored so perfectly. This one is a sweetie. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty card - love the soft colours
    Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely creation. I especially like the white leaves.
    Dropped in seeing your card on Make it Monday

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiya marie.don`t you just hate it when you miss a challenge deadline.love your card though, the image is gorgeous and fab pretty colours and papers :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marie,
    I'm not the only one who misses challenges then? it's annoying when you have your card all ready then realise you've missed it, I know I've been there lol.
    I see you've entered the Wild orchid challenge, I don't know if you know but it's a blog where you can only share your card with two other challenges beside the WOC one, I made that mistake myself once too. Take care & good luck with your challenges, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous card Marie! Looks terrific!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card...such a cute image and really like the background paper you have used. Visiting from Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous creation sweetie, fab design and colours, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute Marie and such a soft and pretty design, love your gorgeous added detail :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Marie!! I love all the embellishments especially the butterflies & flowers, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so cute! Thanks for joining us at WOC! Unfortunately in order to qualify for the drawing you are only allowed to combine the entry with two other challenges. We would sure hate for you to miss out on any opportunities to win the prize, lucky there is a lot of time to make another one! :)

    Sincerly Malin

    ReplyDelete
  18. An adorable card Marie, love the image...had to get myself a few of the LOTV stamps. Got that song stuck in my head now!! Lol
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so sweet, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, it's time for giveaway at Pixie Dust Paperie, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Marie, love the soft feminine colours
    Thanks for playing along with TPC this week and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so gorgeous Marie. The cutwork, the flower, the image the paper they all come together wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...