Tuesday, 15 March 2011

The quieter you become, the more you can hear.......

Hey there, my lovelies! Today there's a new challenge over at Scrap Creations and it's a nice, easy one this week - Anything Goes!!!!! There's a wonderful sponsor, Stampotique Originals who are offering the winner a $30 gift certificate and take it from me, you'll be spoilt for choice at this store!!! The DT were lucky enough to be able to pick a stamp and sentiment out to work with and believe me, I was there for ages, umm-ing and ahh-ing. I love what I finally picked out but I'll be back for more!!!!! Here's my card:

The papers, border sticker and rose sticker are all Echo Park 'For the Record', I've used a Tim Holtz script stamp and stamped the Stampotique sentiment directly onto the DP. The 'Jasmine' image I stamped onto some different DP, coloured some areas with promarkers, cut it out and then mounted it onto the card with foam pads. Lastly, I've added a big bow using ribbon plus some pearls from my stash.
I'm going to enter my card into the following challenges: CASE study - Challenge #30 and Make It Monday #28.
Hope you like my card, it's a bit different for me but cos I CASE'd another card, I think it took me outside my comfort zone a bit, which is a good idea now and again methinks!
How's the weather in your part of the world? We've had a lovely couple of days and I actually thought spring had arrived and then last night I went to take the dog out for his last 'wee' (LOL) and it was all foggy, was like stepping out into Victorian England!!?? And today it's cold again!! Mind you, I really shouldn't complain what with everything those poor people in Japan are going through, my heart really does go out to them. I mean, I know UK weather can't make it's mind up but at least we don't get hurricanes and earthquakes and all that sorta thing. Anyway, I must stop rambling on about the weather and get off to watch a bit of crafting on the telly. Bye for now.........xx

12 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous i love the image, fab colours too hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Marie and slightly different to your usual style - I like it!
    Great papers and very interesting stamps.

    PS thank you for the fabby candy that arrived today. Rosie is delighted with her's as well and it was very thoughtful of you.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Marie! gorgeous image and I love the sentiment too ~ just fabulous sweetie :o)

    Yep the weather is foggy here too ~ hope it's better tomorrow..........and I have 2 days off to do some crafting woohoo.....

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card marie.the image is fab and i really love your colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... this is awesome Marie! I love the colors that you used! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Marie, love the print background!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie

    Fantastic card! I love how you stampedthe image on to DP and coloured it, great effect.

    Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really gorgeous card Marie!! Looks great!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie thanks for the help about blogger I get that sometimes as well it usually sorts itself after a few re-loads this just wont let me onto the dashboard at all, so at the mo the only way I can comment is when people leave me a message & it comes thru to AOL lol. I'm not a happy bunny lol.
    Now onto your totally gorgeous card hunni WOW this is fab I love the image & I especially love the colours hun..its all fantastic sweetie.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and so creative!! It has a nice vintage feel to it too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so chic! Love it! I'm so glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments that you take the time to leave me - they really make my day! And I really do appreciate your visit, so please come back soon! Luv and Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...